Thursday, March 25, 2010

Farewell, For Now

I'm taking the weekend off, and since I don't have class on Friday's that means my weekend starts now. That's a lie actually, I still have a one-minute review in me and I'm going to see Atom Egoyan's Chloe sometime this weekend so maybe that review can be up before Monday but no promises. That said, I haven't done the whole link thing in a while and since I now follow so many blogs that it's hard to keep tabs on or make comments on all of them I figured I should give some a shout out.
  • Burning Reels weighs in on David Cronenberg's Dead Ringer (which he liked a lot more than me) and has an interesting debate going in the comments about Canadian film.
  • Kevin at Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies is counting down his 50 favourite movies of the decade and it's one of the best, most in-depth lists of this nature I've yet to come across.
  • Jemery at Moon in the Gutter found a cheapie horror movie that may actually be worth seeing.
  • Andrew at Encore's World of TV and Film changed his banner and it sent everyone into a spiral of confusion until someone guessed what movie it was from. He also wrote a review of Agora, a movie I read and covered last year and enjoyed. He enjoyed it too. That's a good sign.
  • Simon at Four of Them wants to know what movie makes you sad.
  • Univarn takes a day off from Kurosawa to weigh in on a film I liked but not many others seemed to.
  • Lucky guy that he is, Mad Hatter has access to Hot Docs, the biggest documentary film festival in North America, which is taking place in Toronto very soon. Make sure to keep up with his coverage.
  • Jude at All That Film thinks we'll be remembering Nine more in five years than Precious. Do you agree?
  • Yojimbo tackles Spielberg in depth and I agree with almost everything he says.
  • CS at Big Thoughts from a Small Mind continues to split the critical vote on Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment