Thursday, February 4, 2010

Does Eli Roth Suck?


Okay, this one requires some background.

When I was writing for Suite101.com I wanted to do something interesting so I decided it would be cool if I started a regular piece dedicated to the most overrated movies of all time. The first entry was about Bertolucci's 1900. So I called the piece The Most Overrated Movies of All Time Part 1, with 1900 as the subtitle.

Of course, Suite101 being what they are, quickly put the kibosh on the whole enterprise, informing me that you couldn't number things in the title, essentially meaning I would have to rename the entire thing with each post. So I switched it up and put the film title as the article title and then The Most Overrated Movies of All Time in the subtitle and linked the articles together.

There were two problems with this. For one, for online search purposes, this technique made it nearly impossible for people to know that the entries were part of the series unless they actually clicked on the article and read the subtitle and, since Suite101 only allows up to three links in one article I wouldn't be able to link any more articles together. So I ultimately threw the whole idea out the window.

However, I did manage to write three and the second one with the subtitle of The Most Overrated Movies of All Time was an editorial on why I thought Eli Roth sucks. It was appropriately titled Why Horror Director Eli Roth Sucks and has continually been one of my most popular articles on that site.

So I thought, why not share it in this space as well. So, if you want to know why Eli Roth sucks, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment