Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sequels to Movies That No One Cared About the First Time Around


I was pretty lucky. I had parents who let me watch just about anything no questions asked. So, it was in around grade 7 or 8, when I first saw Dee Snider's Strangeland for the first time. I saw it for no better reason than that the cover art with the girl with her mouth sewn shut intrigued me and I was just getting into Twisted Sister at the time, Dee Snider of course being the singer of that band. Of course at that impressionable age I loved the movie, bought the DVD, thought Snider was a great villain, wasn't bothered by the horrible acting, plot holes or extreme violence. I saw that movie at least 7 or 8 times.

Dee Snider, who also wrote and produced Strangeland, has been on the down low lately but apparently today Metal Sucks is reporting that we can expect a Strangeland sequel sometime soon. The film will be called Strangeland: Discipline (spooky right?) and will basically be a rehash of the first film as the evil Captain Howdy (who I guess didn't die after all at the end of the first film) will be back to wreak havoc on the victims of the first film one again. Dee Snider promises that, noting what didn't work about the first film, he will use this new one as a vehicle to right the wrongs of the original. Whatever. Just listen to We're Not Gonna Take it by Twisted Sister instead because it sure is catchy.





Another band I used to listen to in my final days of elementary school was, and I'm ashamed to admit this now, Insane Clown Posse. They were that group of white guys from Detroit who dressed up as clowns and rapped about being part of some dark carnival or something dumb like that. At that age I found them silly and amusing because they swore a lot and rapped about insignificant things, until I got to high school and met a guy who worshipped the ground they walked on, which made me realize just how stupid and untalented they really are.

Anyway, back in the day, ICP made a direct-to-video gangster movie called Big Money Hustlas. I haven't seen it. I don't want to see it either. But now, ICP are in front of the camera once more for a new direct-to-video western entitled Big Money Rustlas (clever, eh?). I won't see this one either but I encourage you to watch the trailer which is amusing in just how stupid these guys actually are. That people take this or their music seriously boggles my mind.


Speaking of bad movies, the guy who directed the original Leprechaun who's name I'm too lazy to look up, made another movie called Triloquist. It's about a family of killers and their evil, talking ventriloquist dummy. It's bad. Beyond bad actually. I don't know if it's intentionally horrible or the filmmakers were just incompetent, but oh boy. It's actually so bad that I can't think of many movies more amusing. I keep it around on DVD just for the right time when I will need a guaranteed laugh. Check out the trailer. You'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment