Friday, February 26, 2010

Word on the Street


Last Friday I stole an idea from Mad Hatter where, instead of writing something original on Friday I just posted links to other people's interesting stuff. But then I didn't do it just quite right and Hatter scolded me for linking to too much news and not enough original blog posts. So this week I thought I'd give it another go and include more blogs this time.

Everyone is blogging about the Oscars. So much so that I've stopped reading all the full posts and just skim the ones that have some degree of appeal. Regardless, Nathaniel R at The Film Experience seems to be providing the most frequent coverage.

Speaking of The Film Experience, Robert has sparked a comments debate about whether or not Christopher Nolan's Memento is a masterpiece or not. (I weigh in on that debate somewhere in there).

The Mad Hatter gives his own tribute to Roger Ebert after the Esquire profile on Ebert earlier this week. To reply to something in his comments section: a large majority of the Siskel and Ebert back issues can be found on the At The Movies website. Be warned though, once you start watching one, you're going to want to watch them all.

Tom Clift puts in his two cents regarding the new Nightmare on Elm Street reboot trailer.

Kid in the Front Row started his own Facebook fan page.

Andrew at Encore's World of Film and TV continued counting down his favourite performances of the decade. Can't say I agree with his number 13 choice, but hey, he's still got 12 more to name.

Everyone is doing podcasts. Here I am, the new kid on the block, who is so technologically incompetent that I can barely even get pictures on my site properly and everyone is putting these things on theirs. Consider me jealous. Piper of Lazy Eye Apocalypse is doing one about the Oscars, Mad Hatter did one where he named his top five Martin Scorsese's movies, among other things, and Big Mike did his first one about the Oscars as well over at Big Mike's Movie Blog.

One more Oscar post from Sebastian from Detailed Criticisms who is none too pleased that Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner are going to be presenters.

/Film is saying that Michael Bay will start shooting big action sequences for Tranformers 3 in Chicago and Moscow. It is still to be revealed where the other 10 minutes of the film will be shot. (Sorry, I couldn't help it).

There's pictures of Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis from John Landis' Buck and Hare. I've read it. It's funny and also not funny, but in a good way.

To anyone else, if you thought you wrote something great and I missed it, drop me a line or scold me in the comments section and maybe I'll catch you the next time around. It was nothing personal. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment