Friday, February 19, 2010

It's the End of the Week



The great thing about still being a student is three day weekends. It's probably no surprise that I don't put much effort into weekend posts unless something big drops. There are some interesting things going on in the news that require a mention but not really a full post and since Mad Hatter and Encore Andrew (check them out for sure!) did posts today about other people's posts well, I've never come across a good idea I didn't want to adopt myself as well. So here goes:

/Film U.K. is reporting that the Alice in Wonderland controversy is starting already as three of the U.K.'s biggest theater chains are trying to boycott the film due to the truncated release window in order to get the film to DVD sooner. I've already done two posts on this issue so I won't repeat the story word for word but do read about it here. Also check out my past posts here and here.

/Film U.K. is also saying that Owen Wilson is trying to get his acting cred back after phoning it in with stuff like You, Me and Dupree, The Wedding Crashers and Drillbit Taylor (I liked Marley & Me, sue me). Not only does he have the upcoming Farrelly Bros. movie Hall Pass in the works (I've read it. It's funny), but he's also attached to James L. Brooks' next movie (although he hasn't made a truly great one since Broadcast News) and the new Woody Allen movie. That certainly offsets his involvement with Marmaduke and the next Meet the Parents movie. Now if only Vince Vaugh would follow suit.

Deadline Hollywood is saying that the trailer for the next Twilight film Eclipse will be debuting in front of Robert Pattinson's upcoming movie Remember Me, the trailer for which I happened to see before New Moon (clever, eh?). The trailer didn't really inspire me to want to see the movie. What else is curious is that Jenny "daughter or Sidney" Lumet's name has been taken off the IMDB page for the movie after she did work on the script. Although the Eclipse trailer may get the film a bigger audience than it would otherwise find, Little Ashes (remember that one?) didn't exactly prove that Pattinson had the star clout to open an original movie on his own.

I guess it was inevitable. Wes Craven begins work on Scream 4 in May. In other news surrounding sequels no one really wants, I just finished reading the third Riddick film. All I can say of it is: maybe Vin Diesel's return to XXX will be better.

Now I've seen just about everything. Once again, /Film U.K. has posted a trailer for an animated Bollywood film. The film is apparently a remake of a popular live-action Bollywood film and is the most expensive animated feature ever made in India. Check out the trailer below. Is it just me or is it kind of weird seeing animals talking and singing in Indian?




No comments:

Post a Comment