Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Some Action

Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables doesn't come out until August but with a recent trailer surfacing that shows not only the scene that he shares with Bruce Willis and Arnold, but lots of old school action mania, my appetite has been whetted. To be honest, as bad as this film could be, I'm still holding out hope. I used to love the silliness and senselessness of a lot of those old 80s action hero movies and even though most of them were horrible, I still cherish the authenticity they displayed that has been lost in today's technology fueled Hollywood. You know, the days when stunts were done by stunt men, explosions were caused by actual heat and gasoline and bullet holes were made with squibs and not mattes? That's what I hope to get with The Expendables. So, because I am bored and have been slacking over here for the past couple of weeks I've decided to collect a few of the most classic scenes from those 80s action movies. Some of the films are really quite horrible, but the lines are still great anyway.



Nothing can phase Chuck.



See



Classic Arnold line



My favourite line from Commando



Phone booths are nothing to a Commando



Really, this whole movie is classic



He showed him!



This is a bad man



This one basically speaks for itself

No comments:

Post a Comment